22 April 2011

Weekend Update

OK---so a lot has happened, and I...(gasp!) haven't blogged about it. Yikes. I will try to do better! I promise! So this was me last weekend:

Because I had to rush Jonny to the ER from having SEVERE chest pain. Like, I've never seen him in so much pain before. Also, when I felt his heart, it was making a weird really irregular beat. It was so scary. When we got to the ER, he was treated right away...of course...and they ran a bunch of tests and x-rays. They said that he for sure had a heart murmur, which just means that one of the valves in his heart wasn't closing all the way and it apparently isn't that big of a deal. They couldn't tell what was causing the extreme pain, or what had caused the heart murmur. However, they did all of the appropriate tests to rule out all of the bad (life threatening) things. They told us to just go home, take it easy, and go see the cardiologist the next week.
Jonny met with the cardiologist on Wednesday, a
nd he told him that his pain was most likely caused by pericarditis {i think?}...anyways, he said he had inflammation around the heart, but it has subsided now. He said that the stress of the situation caused the heart murmur, which has also disappeared. He didn't know the cause of the pericarditis, but he said that sometimes they just come and go. So basically, we don't know what caused it so we can't really prevent it in the future. Thanks Doc...

Well the second exciting thing that happened this week is we got to go have a 3D ultrasound of our baby! (Thanks to Jonny's sweet mom)Well basically, our baby didn't want to cooperate with the ultrasound...she was being so NAUGHTY! So we couldn't get any cool 3D shots, but we did get some normal ones. It was SO awesome. This is what the doctor was able to tell from our ultrasound: 1)She's chubby---like she's already 5lbs 4oz---but she has really cute chubby cheeks, 2) She has a full head of hair, 3) She has very full lips (I was hoping she'd inherit beautiful Angelina Jolie lips from her dad) 4) She is VERY long---but this was sort of expected as well---I mean, have you SEEN her parents?? enough said. So yeah, she's basically really cute, and I can't wait to have her!!

Ok third exciting thing (I promise I'm almost done babbling...) Is that I've finished finals! So I'm done for the Sum
mer! YAY. Plus I did really well on my last final and got an A in the class! Double Yay! So this is how I've finished out this emotional week: