07 July 2011

Our Baby Was Born!


Alright...I know I'm setting a pattern here of overdue posts...but at least I'm posting something!
Our baby was born at 10:02am on June 9, 2011. She was 9lbs 13.5oz and 23.5in long. We named her Svea Lina Neilson, because we have Swedish ancestry and because Jonny served his mission in Sweden. I was in labor for 8 hours, which isn't too long, but I pushed for almost 3 hours, which is very long! It was so wonderful to have my mom there...Svea came just in the nick of time because my mom had to leave to catch her flight for her cruise at 2pm that day.
Well Svea is 4 weeks today! Wow. She has grown so mu
ch and looks so different from when she was born. She loves taking baths, going on walks, and snuggling. She's really good at eating and she sleeps for about 3 or 4 hours at a time at night, which I am very happy about. She went to her first fireworks show at Thanksgiving Point on the Fourth of July, and she handled it very well. We also went to Snowbird ski resort because my family was in town, and Svea and I rode the tram up to the top of the mountain, an elevation of 11,000 feet! She is smiling a lot and is SO cute and fun to watch. Here are a couple of more-recent pictures: